July 31, 2010

From the Beginning

I decided to start this blog as an easy way to post updates and pictures of our life in Baltimore, Maryland. We are here for at least another year while Michael finishes medical school and then it is off to who knows where!

To start from the beginning, Michael and I started dating (again) in November of 2008 and after flying back and forth to see each other for eight months, we decided that wasn't going to cut it for much longer. On July 31, 2009, we set off on our 3-day road trip with a car FULL of stuff and Lucy in tow to make the journey from Waco to Maryland. I've never been more scared to do anything in my life, but I've also never been more certain of any decision. Besides missing my family and friends like crazy and living in a place where there is no tex-mex and you rarely see pick-up trucks, we have had a blast. We were engaged in November, 2009, and married on May 8, 2010. We live in the city, in a very urban environment, walk to work and share a 700 square-foot apartment. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but Baltimore has VERY few similarities with Waco, Texas. :)

Here's to Baltimore...

No comments:

Post a Comment