August 3, 2010

the high points

Now that I've decided to take on the blogging world, I love the idea of having this as a scrapbook. Since I am not a scrapbooker, and I know Michael and I will always love looking back on our Baltimore adventure, this gives me even more inspiration to do this blog. Because I'm already one year behind in my scrapbook, I decided to catch up with a few pictures of some of the Baltimore highlights of our year. I didn't include holidays, trips home, engagement, etc, because that could go on and on. I tried to just show a few of the fun things we've done this year in Baltimore!

Lucy the Lobster
Halloween is definitely Lulu's favorite holiday.


Fall Foliage Roadtrip
Seeing the seasons in their true form is one of my favorite things about Baltimore. The leaves in the fall are absolutely gorgeous! We took a roadtrip in late October and drove through Maryland and Pennsylvania to see the beautiful scenery.




Lulu loves ice cream
This one is just for fun. One day Lucy and I were running around the harbor and passed a Rita's (frozen custard store very popular up here). The girl working there yelled at me offering a treat for my dog. I thought Lucy would appreciate a treat after our long jog so I said sure. Turns out it was just a kiddie sized ice cream cup! I don't know what I was expecting but Lucy LOVED it to say the least. If you're wondering, no I don't bring my camera on jogs, this is an iphone shot :)


SNOW
The winter of 2009-2010 was the snowiest winter ON RECORD for Baltimore. Go figure. We had more snow than I could have ever imagined. Except for being stuck here for one day over Christmas because of a storm, the snow was really fun and exciting for us. Baltimore doesn't typically get large amounts of snow in the winter so it operates a little like Waco or Dallas and the whole city shuts down! I missed almost an entire week of work for the worst storm. The pictures never seem to do it justice, but here are a few.




Philly
We took a day trip to Philadelphia this spring. Not too much to highlight from this trip...not our favorite city in the world, but still very historic.


Jersey Shore
This summer, we welcomed more family members to the northeast (or mid-atlantic as they would say here)!! Emily, Tim, Hannah and Caleb Rolling (Michael's sister and family) moved to Maguire Air Force Base in New Jersey, only 2.5 hours from us!! We are so happy to have family close and we've already gotten to see them a few times. In July, we met the whole fam in Ocean City, NJ. We had a great time at the beach and loved spending time with their family as always. We can't wait to see them again soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment