So I've never fully jumped on the "green" bandwagon with cleaning supplies, but the last time I cleaned my bathtub with my old faithful, Comet bleach, I couldn't stop worrying about the intense fumes I was inhaling and worrying about the tiny baby in my belly! The cleaning session ended with a not very clean tub and me running outside every five minutes to get fresh air. Lately I've been trying to find some better and more natural cleaning supplies, and today I found an awesome solution for my bathtub on marthastewart.com (via pinterest). I just had to share!! My bathtub really was white and sparkly and I never once had to run outside mid-scrub.
One cup baking soda
1 tsp liquid soap (I used lavender dish soap)
Several drops essential oil (such as peppermint or lavender - I didn't have this and it still worked great but I'm sure it would make the scrub smell delicious!)
Add enough water to make a paste
solution found here - http://www.marthastewart.com/265635/tub-scrub
I've been wanting to make my cleaning supplies! I'll have to try this!
ReplyDelete