This month felt like Kate really came to life! She is really the sweetest baby, smiles all the time and is usually so happy. We are having so much fun and loving every second with her. Sounds cheesy, but she really does bring more joy to our lives than I could have ever imagined. A few things to remember...
- Still nursing great, usually 6-7 times a day, every 3-4 hours and a little more frequently in the evening
- Sleep has been a little sporadic, around the middle of this month she started sleeping 8-9 hours pretty consistently but now we've regressed a little. She usually goes down anywhere between 8 and 10, the last week or so she's been waking up around 3 and then going back to sleep until 8-9. She's generally a great sleeper. I can't complain too much!
- Still naps a lot during the day. We're not on a "schedule" but I try to stick with the babywise routine - eat, wake, sleep. During the morning and afternoon hours she usually doesn't stay awake more than 1.5-2 hours before going back down. Usually her fussiest time is at night...I try to keep her up until Michael gets home which is usually too late for her. We're still working on that...
- She LOVES to be moving - stroller, car, swing, etc. Since we don't have a car, we walk everywhere which is something I love about living in NYC. It's been hard since I've been working, but we still try to get out everyday. She loves to be in her stroller.
- Loves to be on her playmat and look at the blinking star, but hates when I put her on her tummy.
- Still sleeping in the rock n' play (I'm dreading the transition to the crib)
- Found her hands and constantly has them in her mouth, occasionally goes for the thumb
- Will not take a pacifier
- Went through a couple of weeks where she wouldn't take the bottle. This could not happen!! We had a couple of really rough days but finally got through it and now she takes it great.
- Spits up a TON, but it usually doesn't seem to bother her
- Rolled from her tummy to back a few times, but doesn't do it consistently
- Definitely knows her mom and dad (I realized this the hard way when our babysitter started coming while I work!)
- Recently started grabbing at things in front of her
- This past month we started taking her to restaurants occasionally and she has done awesome!
The hardest part of this last month was that I had to go back to work :( I work from home which is amazing and terrible. I'm so thankful I don't have to leave her, but working here, with Kate, the babysitter and I all sharing our small one-bedroom is tricky. I really wish we had more space so we could get more separation (I think that would make it much easier), but it seems to be getting a little better. I'm hoping it will continue to as she adjusts to having the babysitter here.
I feel like we are so lucky to have the sweetest baby, and she is really so good. I think God knew we needed an easy baby, being in the situation we are in without family close and Michael's crazy work schedule. What a gift she is!!




No comments:
Post a Comment