December 9, 2012

4 MONTHS!

Well, I am so behind. I want to keep the blog more current but I can't seem to keep up! How are we already at four months? Time. just. flies. I have other things to blog, but I'll start with four months while she is still close to four months old.

We had several big milestones this month! She really seemed to come to life and has so much personality! I'm already seeing such a strong will in this little nugget. She is full of spirit :)

A few things to remember...(boring to anyone who is not Kate's parent so feel free to skip)
  • Sleeping - all over the place. She was consistently sleeping around 12 hours at night with one feeding (which was amazing), but over the last couple of weeks that's ALL changed. Now we are all over the place. I could do a whole post on sleep. We're battling several issues...Struggling to go to sleep at night. These days we spend 2-3 hours at night "going to sleep". She'll go to sleep but then wakes up, wants to eat, etc, this process goes on and on and on... 45-minute intruder- constantly wakes up 45 minutes into her sleep... Lately waking up 2-3 times at night wanting to eat or because she escaped the swaddle, we are basically back to the newborn stage! Apparently there is a real thing with four month olds having sleep regression. We definitely have it!!
  • Transitioned to the crib! Major step!
  • Still LOVES being swaddled, I'm trying to drop it but we just can't seem to make that transition yet, baby steps right?
  • Sleeps on her back and still hates being on her tummy (awake or asleep)
  • Eating every 3-4 hours, around 4 ounces
  • Rolling both tummy to back and back to tummy! Loves to be on a blanket and just roll all around.
  • Started playing with "toys" - loves her Jellycat crinkle book and Sophie the giraffe, a couple of teethers...basically anything she can grasp and put in her mouth.
  • LAUGHING!! This started right at 3 months. greatest thing so far about parenting. truly the most joyful sound!!
  • Making lots of other sounds, loves to hear her voice.
  • Still loves being in the stroller, we've also rediscovered the Moby wrap. Now that it's cold, I like her in it because she stays really warm up next to me. And she seems to love it!
  • Still exclusively breast fed, but takes a bottle each day from the babysitter. Still definitely prefers to nurse.
  • Going to the church nursery regularly and doing great (usually)
  • Still spitting up in record amounts. really unbelievable.
  • Still such a happy girl and has her parents whipped! 
Blogger is not letting me upload any pictures. I have lots of cute four month pics so I guess I'll post them when I figure out what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment